Location: The Working Centre 58 Queen Street South, Kitchener, ON
Date: 09 Nov 2015
– Kirk’s introduction
– Hard drives: SMART data (gsmartcontrol)
– How do you protect these tools from the Internet?
+ Devices have separate LAN connections should be cabled to separate VLANs
+ Remote connections: secured with certificates
– Intel vPRO is better supported than AMD Dash
– Other than DMTF it is not standardized
– What are the credentials?
+ Serial connections to public key crypto
– What happens if there is no connectivity?
Is this of use to us?
– Some of the ground is covered by virtual machines
– None of us are planning to implement this?
+ A lot of it depends on hardware support
– Monitoring tools: Cacti (graphs), Nagios (alerts)
– pfSense firewall
– Mikrotik routers