KW Non-Profit Sys Admin Group
Meeting Location: Room 1300 — Conrad Grebel University College, 140 Westmount Rd. N. · Waterloo, ON N2L 3G6
Meeting Day of the Week: 2nd Monday of the month (unless there was an earlier statutory holiday Monday that month, in which case, we would move to the 3rd Monday of the month — we coordinate our meeting dates with the KWLUG)
Meeting Time: 7:00 – 9:00pm
Our meetups focus on nonprofit systems administration. The format consists of discussions on a theme. The hope is that we learn from each other and use each other as sounding boards.
Why nonprofit systems administration? Nonprofits tend to have different systems constraints than other organizations:
- Low technology budgets (and thus greater reliance on free/cheap hardware and software)
- A reliance on older “hand-me-down” systems
- More hands-on systems administration and less outsourcing
- Different licensing constraints (eg TechSoup)
In addition to this meetup, we host other resources:
- A GetTogether website at
- A Wiki at http://sobac.com/kwnpsa/
- Twitter at https://twitter.com/kwnpsa
- MailingLists at https://kwnpsa.ca/mailman/listinfo
* Contact email@example.com for more information.